Deadline: Feb 1, 2019 - 12:00 pm
Art Calgary invites applications from all emerging, mid-career and established artists. We are looking for contemporary artwork in a variety of media including, but not limited to, sculpture, printmaking, video/animation, photography, installation, drawing, textiles and, of course painting. We would also like to hear from artists who would deliver talks and/or sit on a panel discussion.
Application Deadline is noon on Friday, February 1, 2019
May 2 to 5, 2019
Set up May 1 & 2; strike May 5
Hemingway Room at The Commons
1206 20 Ave SE, Calgary
Art Calgary is a professional, contemporary art fair, designed to provide an opportunity for artists to showcase their work and connect with collectors, galleries and art enthusiasts. Our aim is to exhibit well executed, visually vibrant and intellectually stimulating artwork.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE
- Contact information including name, phone number, mailing address and email
- CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Artist statement
- Artist’s website, Instagram handle and Facebook page (if applicable)
- 10 JPEGs representing your current work. Images must be a maximum of 2MB and minimum of 300dpi. Be sure the image file names correspond to your image list.
- Image list including title, size in inches, medium, date & price
- For artists exhibiting 2D media, the number of 11’ x 4’ or 8’ x 4’ gallery walls that you will require
- For artists exhibiting 3D media, installations and/or video, specify space requirements
Art Calgary will only accept original artwork and will not display reproductions, craft or decorative arts.
The jury will review all applications fairly, selecting artists based on quality of the artworks and of the application as a whole. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified by February 8, 2019
For more information, see the attached document or go to our website www.artcalgary.ca/artist-application.
Email applications and questions to email@example.com