Deadline: Mar 30, 2020 - 11:45 pm
CALGARY CLOWN FESTIVAL: COMING OCTOBER 2020
Deadline to submit March 30, 2020
Calling all clowns, street performers, burlesque, contortionists, magicians and yes even jugglers! We want YOU to join our clown car. That's right folks, The Pumphouse Theatre and the Calgary Clown Society are teaming up yet again to present the Calgary Clown Festival. The Festival will be held at the Pumphouse Theatres in October 2020. We will be accepting submissions from January 10 until March 30, 2020 from any a clown with a dream and a show.
What are we looking for?
- A wide variety of acts that exhibit elements of clown, physical theatre and comedy. This could include, but is not limited to; circus, puppetry, improvisation , dance and even burlesque and drag acts.
- A wide variety of acts ranging in length of performance (10 - 90 min). Shorter shows may be paired with another short show to create a single event.
- The festival is also looking for shorter works for our Cabaret Nights (5 - 7 min)
- We are looking for all kinds of experiences for all ages. We want some kid friendly fun, we want performances everyone can enjoy, we also want some entertainment for a more mature audience.
What we need from you to be considered for the festival:
- A brief synopsis of your show or idea
- Show length
- Bio's of the artists involved
- Your media package (Photos and video if available)
- And all other questions answered in our form
To apply for this festival, please complete our online registration form: https://calgaryclownfestival.wufoo.com/forms/calgary-clown-festival-2020/.
Deadline to submit is March 30. A jury will review all submissions and selections will be made in early April 2020.
Remuneration will be dependent upon granting; all artists will be paid a minimum fee and not subject to box office split.
International and non-local (Calgary) artists are welcome to apply. However, travel and accommodation reimbursement are subject to funding and not guaranteed.
The Calgary Clown Festival endeavors to be an inclusive and diverse festival. We encourage submissions from all ethnicities, gender orientations, cultural and societal backgrounds. If you face any barriers in applying in this format, or have any questions and/or concerns regarding the application process or festival at large please contact email@example.com or 403.263.0079 ext 100.
Thank you all in advance for your application. We look forward to a fantastic festival!