Business / Arts is very pleased to celebrate the incredible results from the 2019-2020 artsvest program.
In response to the pandemic, Business / Arts was proud to ensure that all participating artsvest organizations received 75 percent of their pre-approved funds to support immediate needs, programming and initiatives.
During this year, they also expanded their webinars and one-on-one mentorship, providing more access and opportunities to address and respond to specific challenges at this time.
Here’s a snapshot of the 2019-2020 artsvest program:
- 8356 mentorship hours have been completed by our artsvest participants to date
- 368 (94%) of participating organizations completed the training and received matching funds.
- 95% felt the artsvest program has improved their organization’s knowledge, confidence and ability to engage with sponsors.
- 96% of participants felt the artsvest mentorship, training and resources provided them with new knowledge which has improved the efficiency of their operations and enabled them to achieve their organizational goals.
- 445 business partnerships were created with a total value of over $2.5 million in sponsorships secured nationally by organizations participating in year one of the artsvest program.
- 65 mentors from across Canada have volunteered their time and expertise providing valuable mentorship and training to individuals and organizations participating in the artsvest program.
Applications for the next intake of the artsvest program will be made available in early 2021 and offered in the regions of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Toronto and Montreal. In addition to the core curriculum of sponsorship, marketing and board governance, the program will incorporate the crisis and recovery skills and training required to build resilient arts organizations while continuing to stimulate business investment in the arts through matching incentives. Information sessions will take place online with dates to be announced in early 2021.
The Alberta Foundation for the Arts (AFA) is pleased to support Business / Arts and the artsvest program.