Call for submissions!
Position: Arts Facilitator
- Weekly contract
- Fee: $25.00/hr, approx. 6 hours a day
- Monday - Friday
- An Arts Facilitator, Teaching Artist, Artist, Arts Educator, or Community Connector with a background in visual arts, dance, theatre, music, technical theatre, writing, or arts programming.
- A creator of magical experiences who uses the arts to create joy and build identity, voice, community, and understanding.
- Curious by nature.
- Excited by the creative process and how it relates to learning.
- A joyful passion to your facilitation and teaching.
- A belief that the Arts play an essential role in learning, personal development, and build strong and vibrant communities.
- An authentic and genuine spirit to all that you do.
- An open heart and a deep appreciation for the creative process.
The role of the Arts Facilitator is to foster a safe and engaging environment for students, teachers, and communities during their time at the Hub for Inspired Learning. The facilitator inspires learners to make connections to the Arts, themselves, and their community through a series of hands-on workshops, reflections, and questioning. Working alongside the Arts Commons Education Specialist, you will help customize creative adventures for participants by attending planning meetings, help organize and set up spaces, and bring your own teaching artistry that ignites curiosity and imagination. The Arts Facilitator also welcomes and hosts other community guests to the Hub.
- Diploma/degree/training in theatre, visual arts, expressive arts, arts administration, or social work.
- Experience in arts education or aesthetic education.
- Understands how to deliver programs online using multiple platforms such as Zoom, Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams.
- Comfortable speaking in front of students, teachers, and communities.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Has a passion for working with youth, teachers, and communities.
- Comfortable working collaboratively or individually.
- Curious and enjoys making connections to curriculum, community, and world views through the Arts.
About our Programming
Welcome to the ConocoPhillips Hub for Inspired Learning, where Arts Commons becomes the springboard into curiosity and imagination! The place where students and teachers are immersed in opportunities to explore the Performing and Visual Arts as it connects
to each classes' curriculum. Students are also given a peek behind the scenes to engage in the technical side of theatre.
At the ConocoPhillips Hub for Inspired Learning students connect with industry experts for hands-on learning that promotes creative bravery while connecting to the joy of discovery alongside their peers.
Students are supported in the Hub to be their best, always, encouraged to do the right thing, and invited to lead with an open mind and heart. Teachers and Students will leave transformed having made discoveries about themselves, their community, and the world around them.
What we value:
We are looking for individuals who share our vision of building a creative and compassionate society, inspired through the arts. Our team is made up of people with a diverse range of interests — singers, actors, musicians, playwrights, coaches, teachers, gamers, bakers, photographers, athletes, dancers. People whose interests encompass the widest spectrum. We even have furry, four-legged friends in the office. We value people who strive to do the right thing, and work to be their best. People with open minds, hearts, and arms.
- Must have a current vulnerable police clearance
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org