Art & Nature Summer Camp Counsellor
Education Director and Summer Camp Coordinator
HOURS AND PAY
This is a full-time, temporary contract, June 4, 2018 through August 31, 2018.
Hourly wage is $15.00 and is part of the Canada Summer Jobs program.
The position is open to students, 18 to 30 years of age who are enrolled and returning to school on a full-time basis for the following academic year.
Work hours will be 40 hours per week, overtime as required.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a positive role model. Lead students through a fun, safe and educational art and nature experience.
- Assist Summer Camp Coordinator and other Summer Camp Counsellors, ensuring all materials and studios are ready prior to each weekly program.
- Follow summer camp curriculum and supervise planned games and activities.
- Greet campers and parents every morning and provide basic information about camp.
- Direct them to the appropriate staff member for other inquiries and requests.
- Be able to work with and give direction to youth leader volunteers.
- Maintain clean and organized art studios.
- Report any incidents to Education Director and Summer Camp Coordinator.
- Work hours will be Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Overtime as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience working with children 6 to 14 years old is highly recommended.
- A passion for art and creativity. Studies in Art, Education and other related fields will be considered an asset.
- Willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to follow directions and work cooperatively with Education Centre staff.
- Reliable and proactive.
- Valid First Aid certification is an asset.
- Police Record Check will be required.
- Due to our location, candidate must possess reliable transportation.
Start your summer adventure today by applying for an Art & Nature Summer Camp Counsellor position! Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the Education Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posting will remain open until positions have been filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.